Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Time for Wonder



"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of his glory."
Isaiah 6:3 NIV


Today just feels like good day to sit back and ponder the wonders of God's world. Here are some pictures I took while on a family vacation along the St. Croix River Valley a couple of years back. While camping at Taylor's Falls, we had time to explore God's creation in many ways ...


Hot air ballooning is such a peaceful way to get above it all, and take a bigger look at life from the perspective of angels ...






All of life flows with the life touch of the creator, sparkling and dancing even in the quietest of hillside streams...
















Those who walk slowly, with eyes open to wonder, may discover beauty where others see only rocks ...





Sometimes it is only by being quiet and still can we drift to places where majesty lives ...











Even the rocks cry out what the Lord has done for us!


And do you know what the St. Croix River is named for? It is named for the rock formation shown here, a permanent reminder of the love of God through his Son, Jesus.

Take a moment to rediscover the holy for yourself this day. Where do you sense the wonder of God around you today? I'd love to hear what you find ...

1 comment:

Jeanine said...

It's difficult for me to get through a day without seeing and hearing our wonderful and amazing God. It's in my kids, it's in the rain we had yesterday (especially the thunder...I love the sound of thunder), it's in the gorgeous morning we are experiencing right now. It's when I'm alone in my vehicle that I ALWAYS...without a doubt...find myself completely at peace with God and His marvelous creation. Probably because that's the only time I find myself 100 percent in quiet. His hand touches all things and makes all things right and beautiful.